Are you an experienced Account Director who has gravitas, high integrity, high confidence and excellent presentation skills? Would a role selling for a true market leader in network performance and cybersecurity suit your exceptional skills?
As Account Director you will achieve sales targets, by maximising business from existing and new customers through strong relationship building skills and the ability to close deals.
As an Account lead you will enhance the company’s reputation for integrity and professionalism, whilst able to discuss with knowledge an IT Security Offering, Cyber Security and Managed Service with relevance and proposing best value solutions to target customers.
This is a new role to add to a growing niche team and there will be extensive travel across the UK based from home.
- Maximising sales revenue from territory/key accounts
- Understanding customer requirements/decision making process/forums and our key value add.
- Maximising margin with good selling.
- Good understanding of product configurations, options, and price list structure/policy.
- Keep customers up to date with product developments/sell across the board.
- Comprehensively updated monthly forecast in defined format with current/won/lost/dead qualified.
- Call reports as required by Outlook/CRM system.
- Update regularly contacts CRM records to give accurate areas of contact interest.
- Keep clear track records of any account specific special/pricing arrangements.
- Monitor press/relevant websites/marketing briefs /news feeds
- Cold calling coupled with comprehensive territory planning/coverage.
- Follow-up and provide status/feedback on all sales leads.
- Log and report enhancement requests to relevant Product Manager and associated business potential.
- Provide detail of future requirements, standards development, legislative requirements, security threat environment and future test specifications to relevant Presales Manager.
- Provide competitive functionality and pricing feed-back to Pre-sales Manager when gained.
- Strategic and bridge Planning
Skills and Experience
- Innovation and creativity / market / technology / competition / knowledge / informed insight on where we can effectively add value/sell.
- Good technology and sensitivity to customer requests that may indicate a general market requirement/trend.
- Travel expected 75% away from work location
- 5 Year + of proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and services based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of cyber security requirements and services in demand in this market
- Knowledge of network performance and optimisation and services in demand in this market
- Knowledge of best practice and application of technology led services and solutions to resolve complex business issues for clients and prospects
- Understanding of enterprise, network operator or public sector markets and technology changes driving transformation in these sectors
- Understanding of Service Provider environments
Job TitleAccount Director
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday