- 26 days holiday plus bank hols- flex to buy and sell days
- Enhanced company pension scheme - contribute to 10%
- Flexible working home/office hybrid
- Support offered with studying
Are you recently qualified in accountancy or are you currently studying and looking for support while working with a superb global organisation? Do you have your first role under your belt in finance and want to further your career with one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK?!!
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Project Accountant to be based in central Birmingham within a very short walk from transport to the city the opportunity offers a mix of both office and home base. Working within a small but experienced team you will assist the project team on the Project Accountancy tasks and administration.
As an Assistant accountant you will have some experience in a finance department and will have good communication and organsational skills along with good excel are required.
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget of the smaller scale projects.
Project Forecasting and Reporting
- Assist with the review and analysis of project actuals and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Assist with the analysis of new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising .
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Assist with project reports and forecasts ensuring they are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate and approved.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis
- Month End
- Assist with accruals journals relating to each project.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Assist with commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Accounts Receivable
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Starting to study Professional qualification.
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both finance staff and other project functions.
- Strong organisational/planning skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Relevant contract accounting experience
- A high level understanding or core contract terms and conditions which have a financial aspec
Please do apply for an initial chat about this excellent role.
Job TitleAssistant Project Accountant – Closed
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday - Flexible