- 25 days holiday + bank holidays - option to buy extra
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in Service
- Salary sacrifice pension
Are you a Bid Manager with experience of putting together tenders, costing raw materials and understanding design and manufacturing processes with a technical engineering background?
Our client, a manufacturer in Poole is recruiting for a permanent Bid Manager to support in delivering annual orders by successful management of Bids and processing purchase orders.
Key responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Plan, lead, organize and control customer RFQ requirements to accurately define all costs and risks involved whilst maximizing the company’s opportunity of securing the contract
- The compilation of tender and bid documents in accordance with company procedures
- Responsible for generating detailed cost models for the tender or bid
- Liaise and negotiate, in collaboration with Managers, with customers and suppliers as necessary for the success of the tender or bid
- Process purchase orders, read and interpret statement of works, procurement specifications, engineering drawings, and bill of materials and generate accurate labour and material estimates
- Travel both within the UK and overseas, including travel/work outside normal office hours as necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of delivering complex bids & tenders
- Have worked in a high-pressure environment to demanding deadlines
- The ability to understand and articulate key market issues, complex product functionality and customer requirements.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level of proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Have knowledge of Project
- Good analytical skills, ability to plan, scope and generate complex proposals and bid packages.
If you are interested in working for a very well-established, award-winning manufacturer who have an inclusive culture then please do apply now.
Job TitleBid Manager
Salary£40,000 - £45,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week