- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Are you an experienced, hands-on Electro-mechanical Design Engineer, looking for a new opportunity to be an integral part of the continuous growth of leading global healthcare manufacturing company? Do you have all-round knowledge of Electrical Engineering along with product testing and Quality Assurance procedures, understands 2D drawings (for part design and sub-assemblies) and is able to use 2D CAD / 3D CAD, preferably (Inventor / AutoCAD)?
Our client, based in the Poole area have increased their range and are excited to be recruiting for a Production Support Design Engineer. For this role, you will need to be very diverse in your capabilities from establishing technical & regulatory requirement, design and specification through to test and verification. You will also be involved in Quality Assurance procedures to improve quality through the means of testing and implantation into the current product range. Due to the environment demands, their products are designed and manufactured respecting rigorous adherence to environmental and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will need to handle multiple projects to tight deadlines so must be able to work well under pressure.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in setting up the assembly processes by means of layout and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for product build and required equipment training
- Product and prototype testing, sign off improvements and implantation
- Make and updating and changes to existing engineering drawings and follow the Design changes process (ECN)
- Checking and passing first off parts for manufacture and maintain product quality
- Support the Design, Production and Purchasing teams
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- HND/Degree in Electrical Engineering minimum
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a role linked to manufacturing
- Experience of working in a drawing office and procedures
- Experience of loom design, drives and controls – advantageous
- Understanding and have the ability to create supporting manufacturing documentation such as build manuals and Quality Assurance procedures and sign off
- Have experience in electrical and mechanical fault finding and a basic understanding of electrical and electromechanical design
- 18th edition electrical qualification would be an advantage
- Good communication skills and ability to work with all levels of staff across every department
If you want to work for growing company with an exceptionally good name within their area of expertise and who value their staff members and offer stability, longevity, and progression then we would love to hear from you!
Job TitleElectro Mechanical Design Engineer
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday