- 25 days holiday
- Pension, Perkbox
Are you an experienced IT Systems Engineer looking for an opportunity to join a growing business in the Cyber Security field? You will be experienced in the smooth operation of systems and responsible for the existing and future 3rd party software applications used by the company.
This innovative and successful business works with Blue Chips and SME companies ensuring the best possible Cyber Security on offer. As IT Systems Engineer you will work with the key partners delivering the best in class, integrated systems, that are easy to use and deliver value to the business. The systems in scope for this role span all areas of the business and include CRM, IT Service Management, Finance and Reporting.
You will be responsible for the ongoing development of multiple systems to ensure user requirements are being met. As IT Systems Engineer, you will work closely with the IT team and the other business functions and key stakeholders in the business.
- Responsible for the configuration of systems and support multiple IT functions throughout the business
- Administer access to systems & maintain system documentation across the business
- Create and maintain reports and outputs of the systems and departments
- Support end users with any issues or training needs that may arise
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Troubleshoot, and resolve any reported problems.
- Provide application performance tuning.
- Review the governing regulations to ensure proper program support
- The candidate shall monitor, update, and maintain existing legacy environment software systems interfaces to ensure that the interfaces exchange data properly and to support the current legacy environment
- Enable best practices and process automation
- Collaborate with Development and IT teams to ensure proper integration of the environment.
- Work closely with our 3rd party application development teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot applications
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Leads and participates in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring.
- Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Develop and maintain the reporting and dashboard infrastructure for the organization.
- Develop work plans and track/report status of assigned projects/tasks.
- Liaise with vendor support on all issues.
- Fully responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Experience with CRM systems, an advantage if this is with MS Dynamics or ServiceNow
- Experience in systems administration, managing users, API integrations, and workflow automation
- Teamwork, relationship building skills
- Keen interest in operational technology and tools & systems
- Desire to continue learning
- Knowledge of CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) systems
- Knowledge of Reporting (using data to build meaningful dashboards)
- Cyber-security industry experience and an understanding the different types of security will be distinctly advantageous
- Analytical skills
Competencies and Skills
- An ability or understanding of programming in an administrative language at a basic level
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Helpdesk Systems / ERP / CRM
- Strong experience on failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance.
- Hands on experience in process automation, best practice approach, technology efficiency, and effectiveness
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable
- Familiarity with common data formats e.g., JSON, XML, CSV & some basic experience in any of the following: Python scripting, PHP, HTML, Java Script, or other
- Display and execute logical and complex troubleshooting methods
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated soft skills required such as presentation of ideas and clearly articulate the concepts to senior management
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
- Strong desire to learn and advance technical skills
Job TitleIT Systems Engineer
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday 9-5.30pm