- Free parking
- Career progression
We are recruiting for a Procurement Assistant/ Junior Buyer to assist with the continued upward growth of our clients well-established company in Andover.
The team operate at the highest standards and customer service is at the heart of everything they do. They have a collaborative approach and encourage development and provide learning opportunities for their employees.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be working with suppliers to fully support all enquiries made by Field Sales, Account Managers and Customers.
As Procurement Assistant/Junior Buyer your role requires a high level of accuracy and commercial acumen in a fast-paced environment, whilst holding the customers best interests to the forefront of every decision.
- Working with a range of preferred suppliers generating quotations for all bespoke enquiries
- Maintain and build on supplier relationships
- Ownership of the purchasing inbox and responding to all enquiries within a defined time
- Place purchase orders and follow up on lead times and sample requests
- Manage sample approval process
- Work with Customer Account Managers to manage expectations
- Quality control of all new bespoke orders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- To have an inquisitive mind and always looking for ways to improve processes and add value to the business
- Experience of delivering a 5* service and be able to translate this into actions
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent organisation skills are essential
- High attention to detail
- Familiar with the use of order management systems
- Previous experience in a supply, purchasing position
In return, on offer is a competitive salary, commitment to your personal development and a great working environment. If you would like to play a significant role in the growth trajectory of this exciting company please apply.
Job TitleProcurement Assistant/Junior Buyer
Salary£25,000 - £30,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week