- 10 % Bonus
- 26 days holiday plus bank hols- can buy and sell 5 days
- Excellent company scheme matched to a max of 10%
- Death in Service 6 times salary
- Flexible woring in core hours
Project Accountant ( FTC) 12 months
Are you a qualified CIMA / ACCA Accountant looking for a superb opportunity to join a company ranked as one of the best places to work in the UK? Can you take responsibility for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support for a major project alongside the Commercial and Operations team?.
If you have the experience and skills to manage all aspects of this highly technical and valuable project then this one off opportunity is initially a 12 month contract but has the possibility of becoming permanent in the future.
You must have excellent accounting skills with ability to demonstrate understanding and interpretation of key financial statements, along with superb analytical, communication and problem solving skills.
You must have specific experience of percentage of completion and have used SAP previously along with your CIMA/ACCA qualification a minimum of three years experience in project accountancy is required.
- Forecast – Completion of the monthly forecast, proposal of reasonable adjustments and submission
- Monthly Reporting – Reconciliations with SAP, variance analysis vs budget and forecast
- Ad hoc Models, Reports and Calculations
- POC Model – maintenance, reconciliation with current budget/forecast, raising of variances with the Commercial Manager for approval to change.
- Budgeting – planning, co-ordinating and submitting budget
- Hedging and hedge accounting of all foreign currency exposures on projects. Ensuring that effects are appropriately forecast and unwound at correct time.
- Monthly Financial Review meeting preparation and presentation
- Workflow & GRIR – Clearance, review and clearance of aged items
- IMAPP – Input of actuals, forecast, POC model phasing, risk register phasing
- EPIQ – Update of forecast dates for milestones, actions, chase up and update to PMs. Monthly PSR update prior comments update and profit bridge.
- Month end – full month end close (including postings, accruals, provisions (with sign off from CPM)), raising of issues with CPM
- Balance sheet reconciliation – monthly report per necessary G/L, raising of issues with CPM
- NCCs – Raising of NCCs in the system and aid in set up of lessons learned with responsible manager/PM
- Raising of Invoicing & payment of supplier invoicing.
- Maintenance of customer invoicing & PO register.
- ICFR Controls – Creation of review/approval docs
- VOs – Creation of offer doc and costing sheets with PM, aid PM in creation of the risk register.
- Maintenance of task list and detailed plan for the month specific to role.
- Risk register maintenance, ownership of portion of RR risks and drive to mitigation with key stakeholders. Maintenance of risk register and submit changes for approval by CPM.
- Update and price Additional Services log
- Act as CPM deputy.
- Understanding of contract and identification of areas of concern or opportunities. Raise with CPM.
- Review of performance regime periodic reporting and analysis with Performance team to identify trends.
- Setting up of meetings for the project – financial review, quarterly review, risk register review. Publishing of minutes for these meetings for purposes of ICFR.
- Support of variation order pricing
- Monthly cost reviews with budget holders, including full variance analysis
This is an exciting and innovative global business which any Accountant would be proud to have on their CV.
If you are a Project Accountant looking for an exceptional opportunity for a Global innovative organisation please do apply.
Job TitleProject Accountant – 12 Month FTC – Live
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday 37.5 hours a week