- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Free onsite car park
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service x4
- Eye Test
- Ride to work scheme
- Wellbeing Programme
Are you experienced in Purchase Ledger, processing invoices, and looking for a new part time opportunity?
Our client a leading manufacturing company based in Bournemouth is looking for an extremely organised Purchase Ledger Assistant on a part time basis to manage the day-to-day running of the purchase ledger and to provide support to Management Accountant.
You will be responsible for the timely inputting of all purchase invoices, petty cash, employee expenses so it is vital that you can work to deadlines and have great communication skills. The ideal Purchase Ledger Assistant will be AAT qualified and have experience using SAP or ideally other financial systems but this is not essential.
This is a permanent part-time position, working Monday to Wednesday (22.5 hours per week)
- Maintain the purchase ledger by posting of purchase invoices and credit notes into SAP
- Ensure supplier records are maintained with the correct details
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve any queries on invoices
- Prepare payments to suppliers
- Ensure settlement discount on the relevant suppliers is maximised with fast tracked payment runs
- Reconciliation of monthly supplier statements
- Ensure nominal journals and manual payments and bank charges are posted into SAP
- Process credit card claims & monitor the account with an aim to be zero at the end of each month, chasing where necessary
- Ensure personal expenses are submitted, accurately coded, authorised and input into SAP
- Ensure all petty cash is reconciled monthly, chasing an outstanding money
- Assist in month end reconciliation (key balance sheet items & ensuring journals affecting the P&L are posted)
- Monitor bank balances when processing payment runs to make sure the accounts don’t go overdrawn
- Take responsibility for purchase ledger during audits, ensuring the ledger is immaculate and being a key contact for adhoc audit queries & walkthroughs
If you have strong Purchase Ledger experience and are looking to work for an expanding, professional company who really value their employees and offer fantastic benefits, then please do apply.
In order to attain the highest salary bracket for this role, you will need to have/demonstrate all the skills and experience mentioned above in order to achieve the highest rate of pay.
Job TitlePurchase Ledger Assistant
Salary£14,000 - £15,500 depending on experience
Position TypePart Time
Working HoursMonday - Wednesday (22.5 hours per week)