Are you a junior Quantity Surveyor looking to work for a global organisation who puts it people at the heart of the business and is ranked as one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a rail infrastructure business based in York.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will provide a dedicated and complete pre and post contract commercial management service, and act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders, for one of our major projects. This is a dynamic role where you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of your contracts reporting directly to the Regional Commercial Manager and have responsibility for budgeting, and cost control through to final account over an extensive and varied work bank.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Degree qualified (Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management degree or similar) or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar) (preferred)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction, IT etc. (desirable)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Experience in Alliance contracting (desirable)
- Good customer facing skills (essential)
- Commercially aware and financially astute (essential)
- Good oral and written communication skills (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (desirable)
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works and/or major projects (desirable)
Please do apply for an initial chat about this excellent opportunity.
Job TitleQuantity Surveyor
Salary£35,000 - £43,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday To Friday