Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant looking for a role where you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge in a thriving business as part of a friendly team?
We are working exclusively to source a Senior Accounts Assistant for an established and well reputed finance team in Bournemouth. The main purpose of this role is to administer and manage client service charge accounts.
You will support the Accounts team and report to the Accounts Manager in the day to day activities for this growing and busy business with the main responsibilities including:
- Budgets – Assisting property managers in preparation of service charge budgets
- Tenant Charges – Implementing budgets according to apportionments dictated in the lease
- Billing – Raising demands and issuing to tenants.
- Credit Control – Sending reminders, monitoring payment plans, liaising with tenants
- Monitoring – Checking expenditure against budgets throughout year, monitoring cash flow
- Management Fees – Ensuring correct fees are billed and collected
- Reconciling – including multiple monthly bank account reconciliations
- Year End – Preparing and reconciling accounts ready to go to external accountants
- Answering queries from Suppliers/Leaseholders/Property Managers via email or telephone
- Month End reporting
- Ad hoc projects within the Accounts team
As the Senior Accounts Assistant, you will need to be experienced in all accounting procedures up to trial balance with an understanding of financial statements.
Experience in Block Management Accounting is preferred with knowledge of MRI/QUBE software or other similar block management accounting software would be an advantage
If you are ACA, ACCA or AAT qualified that would be beneficial but not essential, you will need to be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, be organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
If you are looking for a great team and company to further your career in finance and accounting please do apply.
Job TitleSenior Accounts Assistant
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday – Friday: 8:30am to 5pm (37.5 hours per week)