A superb opportunity has arisen for a passionate Senior Audio Visual Technician to join an multi award winning conferencing, events and hospitality company based in Birmingham.
This role will support the Technical Events Manager on a day to day basis. You will be looking after all technical aspects of the conference & events business. You’ll be responsible for technical set ups of events, as well as the technical support delivery of all events and the first point of contact for customers. Supporting other technicians on the day to day operations to deliver the technical aspects of the business. Maximising on opportunities to enhance the delivery and profit. Improving processes and maintaining technical equipment.
- Being proficient in many technical AV elements including lighting, graphics and sound
- To support and advise on technical elements of the sales and planning aspects of all events
- To be a direct point of contact for event clients for any technically aspect or any event
- To research and develop new technologies and procedures for a more efficient and current delivery of events
- To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors
- To provide efficient and effective supervision of all technical operations
- To supervise and ensure the safe and efficient set up and running of events
- To ensure the safety, comfort and wellbeing of customers and staff at all times
- To maintain standards of quality in all areas of work
- To ensure excellent communication between departments and teams
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Have worked as a lighting, sound, or AV technician in a theatre, conference or a unique events venue, TV or Conferencing producing or Hire Company for at least 2 years
- Have experience of developing and managing live events
- Have experience of delegating tasks to external contractors and clients
- Have up to date health and safety experience as it relates to live events
- The ability to fault-find damaged stock, identify and execute solutions for Equipment used within the department
- Competent in use of various types of access equipment including practical knowledge and application of manual handling and lifting techniques
- Competent in installation and operation of stage, lighting & sound equipment
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation
- Interest in theatre, events and conferencing
This is an exciting chance to join an events and venues company who offer exceptional services to their customers. If you are interested in this role with a fun, friendly team then please apply.
Job TitleSenior Audio Visual Technician
Position TypeFull Time
Working Hours39 hours per week including some evenings and weekends