Are you a technical bid writer with a degree and a member of IEMA? Do you have experience supporting bids and tenders ideally from a rail infrastructure or construction background and hold environmental and sustainability at the heart of everything that you do?
This fantastic opportunity has just arisen for a passionate individual who will report into the Environment Manager to work in a team of 15 who look after infrastructure projects. This is a new role that has been created which you can make your own on a 12 month contract and there is a strong possibility that the role will go permanent.
The role is to develop the environmental, sustainable, and social value elements of the tender in response to the questions asked. To achieve this, you will:
- Understand the technical requirements of the question and help to develop ‘story boards’ outlining the response criteria
- Develop conduits of communications within the business to engage with subject matter experts and drive innovation and excellence
- Understand and engage with responses relating to the technical questions to ensure consistency
- Request attendance at and actively participate in bid meetings; Manage and undertake environmental and social data collection including past performance and opportunities for innovation
- Be the lead technical support for any environmental related discussions
- Develop and deliver (or directly assist in) environmental and social training to bid staff
- Be aware of and communicate emerging environmental and social legislation and best practices, working in conjunction with regional and corporate counterparts
- Engage and manage external specialists (e.g.: for ecology, noise, or community engagement) to deliver specific bid-level advice, services, or other support
- Prepare high quality, tailored responses, for project specific environment and social bid questions
- Support development and implementation of corporate environment and social sustainability workstreams, where requested and assist with additional project related advise and support.
What qualifications and experience will you need?
- Degree or diploma in environmental, social or sustainability field
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (eg: IEMA, CIWEM, IES, Social Value UK)
- Proven experience in environment and/or social sustainability
- Current (or clear timeline to achieving) Practitioner Membership of IEMA (or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of one or more specific environment or social topics
- Willingness to learn and apply knowledge on less familiar environment and social topics
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation
- Ability to effectively engage with both office and site based personnel
- Willingness to provide guidance and constructive feedback to colleagues on environmental and social management issues
- Experience in the development and/or delivery of environment and social briefing materials
- Experience within the construction and/or rail industry preferable but not essential
- Actively engaged in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities
The majority of the work will be performed remotely, therefore you can be based anywhere in the UK (Chippenham, Ashby, Poole, London, York, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Croydon, Glasgow, Northampton) but you will need to be available to attend meetings in London as required.
If you have the skills and experience and would like to work for an award-winning global leader then please do apply!
Environment and Sustainability Advisor - 12 month contract - Closed
Open to location - work from home and attend meetings in London
£37,000 - £48,000 + 10% company bonus
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours per week
25 days holiday - option to buy and sell
Pension contribution up to 10%
Death in service insurance
Flexible working option