A leading manufacturing company based in Poole, Dorset are seeking a Test Engineer who will oversee the mechanical test laboratory, the R&D function in the development of new products and support investigations into customer complaints and product improvements.
As the Test Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical test laboratory and ensuring health & safety at all times, as well as making sure the lab is suitably equipped to carry out the required testing in a cost effective manner, whilst ensuring compliance to ISO standards.
You will work with the R&D Chemist to support the R&D function to;
- Develop a required product specification that is either based on a customer requirement or specification and have a clearly defined outcome of the expectation of the new product
- Develop resin testing that establishes a product fingerprint and a material performance indicator, that will give an indication that the required product specification could be achieved before manufacturing trials commence
- Develop a standard test plan for new products that is in line with typical test methods such as ASTM, DIN or EN specs- This ideally should include panel manufacture by typical industry standards such as autoclave, press or vacuum bag unless the application has a specific need e.g. developing a product for press moulding or vacuum only cure
- Develop suitable test matrixes and then further develop to the specific customer requirement
- Develop a tack test that is robust and repeatable so tack can be measured and quantified
- Present data generated in a standard and professional manner
- Develop a part manufacturing evaluation program
- To provide a data package for insertion into a technical data sheet to the Marketing Manager
- Define a suitable frequency of re-test for developed products that are in full production
You will support investigations into customer complaints by;
- Developing an evaluation process, investigate the complaint and suggesting ways the complaint could have been avoided
- Support customers with complaints, product or process improvements
- Support the Sales team with specific customer needs and deliver training that enables employees to have better product knowledge and a basic understanding of materials to enable them to better perform their duties
Salary: £37,000 – £40,000
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Holiday entitlement: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, goes up after 2 years by 1 day a year to a maximum of 23 days.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, 6 Sigma and 8D completion experience would be beneficial. You will work closely with customers and stakeholders across the business ensure a compliant product is realised in a timely manner.
You will be qualified to degree level ideally with 2 years hands on material testing and sample preparation experience in a high specification manufacturing environment performing the following tests Tensile S&M, Flexural S&M, ILSS, Compression S&M.
If you have excellent communication and technical skills and are credible, enthusiastic and goal orientated this superb new opportunity as a Technical Engineer is a great opportunity to further your career.
Test Engineer - Closed
£37,000 - £40,000
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, 1 hour for lunch
20 days holiday plus bank holidays, goes up after 2 years by 1 day a year to a maximum of 23 days