Are you an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant available for an 18 month fixed term contract with an immediate start?
Our client a leading manufacturing company based in Bournemouth is looking for an extremely organised Accounts Payable Assistant to manage the day-to-day running of the department and to provide support to Management Accountant.
For this role you will need to have experience using SAP and be responsible for the timely inputting of all purchase invoices, petty cash, employee expenses so it is vital that you can work to deadlines and have great communication skills.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday with flexible hours, depending on key meetings of either 08:00 – 16:00 or 10:00 – 18:00.
- Maintain the purchase ledger by posting of purchase invoices and credit notes into SAP
- Ensure supplier records are maintained with the correct details
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve any queries on invoices
- Prepare payments to suppliers
- Ensure settlement discount on the relevant suppliers is maximised with fast tracked payment runs
- Reconciliation of monthly supplier statements
- Ensure nominal journals and manual payments and bank charges are posted into SAP
- Process credit card claims & monitor the account with an aim to be zero at the end of each month, chasing where necessary
- Ensure personal expenses are submitted, accurately coded, authorised and input into SAP
- Ensure all petty cash is reconciled monthly, chasing an outstanding money
- Assist in month end processes
- Monitor bank balances when processing payment runs to make sure the accounts don’t go overdrawn
- Assist in other finance administrative tasks when required
If you have strong Accounts Payable Assistant experience and are immediately available for an 18 month fixed term contract then please do apply.
In order to attain the highest salary bracket for this role, you will need to have/demonstrate all the skills and experience mentioned above in order to achieve the highest rate of pay.
Job TitleAccounts Payable Assistant (18 Month FTC)
Salary£24,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Working HoursMonday - Friday (08:00 – 16:00 or 10:00 – 18:00)