- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Healthcare Plan
Are you an Assistant Project Accountant looking for a new opportunity or an Accounts Graduate looking to start a long-term career with an awesome, global company?
Our client, a leading manufacturing company has an incredible permanent opportunity to join their finance team in Derby where you will be working closing with an experienced team to delivery and manage multiple projects within their rail infrastructure division.
You will need to have strong communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence others, exceptional organisational skills along with excellent IT skills including Word and Excel.
This role can be a hybrid position, working week with 2/3 days in the office and the rest from home.
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget of the smaller scale projects
- Assist with the review and analysis of project actuals and forecast spend to support project and package managers in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
- Assist with the analysis of new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with
- Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Assist with project reports and forecasts ensuring they are submitted on time, accurate and approved
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis
- Assist with accruals journals relating to each project
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Assist with commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximise the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones
If you are or looking to start your career an Assistant Project Accountant and interested in working with a dynamic company with an excellent reputation and development opportunities, then please apply now!
Salary is depending on experience. In order to attain the highest salary bracket for this role, you will need to have/demonstrate all the skills and experience mentioned above in order to achieve the highest rate of pay.
Job TitleAssistant Project Accountant
Salary£28,000 - £34,000 Depending on experience
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday