- 20 days holiday incr to 25 days in year 2.
- Hybrid working- 2 days a week home/3 days office
- free onsite parking
- auto enrolment pension scheme
Are you an experienced Buyer or Purchasing Manager in the Retail or FMCG space looking for a fresh opportunity to join an exciting and growing business?Offering hybrid working and a friendly supportive team of both senior buyers and assistants it is fast paced and diverse.
As Buyer you will be responsible for the development and management of specific product ranges across multiple stores across the UK.
It will involve overseeing all activity associated with developing and managing the category ranges. As well as leading a team of assistant buyers and buying assistants.
Commercial awareness of seasonal products and forecasting is also key to the role. You will support and contribute to the achievements of budgeted sales and targeted stock levels.
You will be responsible for visiting suppliers and trade shows across the UK and overseas to ensure products and ranges are innovative and on trend for the season for this multiple store operations.
Alongside this you will be responsible for analysing and maintaining records for supplier cost prices and gross margins.
Supports and Contributes to the achievement of budgeted sales and margin
- Annually carries out a full range review for each product area
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to obtain optimum terms in order to maximise gross margin, keeping in line with the company margin policy
- Using management information regularly reviews sales
- Control stock investment to ensure that the correct balance is achieved between maximising sales and minimising stocks
- Ensures relevant information and systems are updated in a timely manner to reflect any stock movement changes
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a promotions calendar for the designated product range
- Produces a detailed promotions pack to coincide with promotions calendar
- Ensure regular communication with the Centres to ensure that all stock related problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Utilising the stock and order sheets, notifies the centres of all new product entering the business and products that are being delisted
- Work as an effective team member, undertaking other tasks as requested by Line manager and provide cover for other team members as appropriate
If you are an Assistant Buyer in a large company or a Buyer in a smaller business this role will offer progression and the exposure for your career to work with a diverse and successful business.
Job TitleBuyer – LIVE
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday 9am to 5pm.