- 26 days holiday- option to buy and sell holiday
- Excellent company pension scheme matching to 10%
- Flexible benefits and flexible working
- Annual bonus scheme
- Investment in personal development
Are you a successful Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor looking to work for a global organization who puts it people at the heart of the business and is ranked as one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK!?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified and experienced senior level Quantity Surveyor or existing Commercial Manager to join the business who work on a wide range of infrastructure projects out of the office in York.
As Commercial Manager you will provide a dedicated and complete contract commercial management service and act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders for a major project focusing on optimising cash and margin. You will need to have a minimum of 10 years experience working in infrastructure on projects in areas such as road, rail, water, wastage and be competent in this area with projects up to the 10’s of £Millions.
- You will hold responsibility for negotiating contract changes, ad hoc agreements, claims and variations, as well as monthly applications for payment and final accounts, in conjunction with the project management teams.
- Responsible for all external negotiation in respect of variations to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes within delegated authority;
- Develop work bank for areas and develop relationships with customers to bring works to the market in line with forecasts;
- Provide support and advice to the project management teams on matters such as contract compliance, contract awareness, contract change management, claims, variations, legal and financial matters, liaising where necessary with other specialist advisors and Centre’s of Expertise within the business.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organisation;
- Identify, communicate and manage through to completion, scopes of work to be undertaken by Centres of Expertise;
- Maximise project and business profitability throughout the project lifecycle delivered through professional commercial management;
- Agree and deliver an effective commercial management strategy with the project management team and the Centres of Expertise for assigned projects;
- Develop commercial understanding and competence across the project management community;
- Liaise closely with the Senior Commercial Manager ensuring the consistent use of best practice contract and commercial techniques across the company;
- Support development of commercial competence across the wider business community;
- Develop long-term proactive relationships with customers and project managers and project teams;
- Manage the commercial risk review systems;
- Establish and maintain cost/value management systems;
- Provide commercial reports as required;
- Support the Regional Commercial Managers in the production of client reports;
- Ensure all commercial processes and document control complies with the appropriate company standards and governance;
- Manage contract administration in accordance with the contract;
- Maintain complete commercial contractual records.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar) (essential)
- Strong track record in a high value post contract management environment and position, ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, defence, construction, IT etc. (essential)
- Excellent negotiation skills, coupled with practical experience and an in-depth understanding of the best ways in which to maximize the mutual benefits to be gained from the effective and commercial interpretation of contracts (essential)
- Experience in Alliance contracting (desirable)
- Good customer facing skills, as well as experience of being actively involved as a team member in high-value, complex bid teams, ideally with experience of proposal and tender writing (essential)
- Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their-relationship (essential)
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at senior levels (essential)
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment (essential)
- Experience of working in a matrix working environment (essential)
- Experience of working within a project environment (essential)
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works and/or major projects (essential).
This is a scarce opportunity to join a Global leader and work for an employer of choice based in Yorkshire. Please do apply for an initial conversation about the role.
Job TitleCommercial Manager- Senior Quantity Surveyor- Live
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday