- 26 days holiday
- Pension scheme - 10% contribution
- Hybrid flexible working policy
- Extensive benefits on offer
Are you looking for a career working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology?
Are you currently working in a Strategic Buying role for technical products ideally Electronics and in a Manufacturing Environment?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this global organisation, one of the top 30 to work for in the UK as a Commodity Manager as the lead for the sourcing and supply of all electronic components into the business.
Offering hybrid and flexible working this role offers the opportunity to work with a large Global team and career development in the future.
The key to success in this role is the ability to build long lasting relationships both externally with suppliers but as important internally across the local offices and the larger global family. You will also be an excellent negotiator with proven successful results.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the Global Commodity Manager to ensure continued supply of electronic components
- Being a key focal point for supporting the demands to make sure that customer deliveries are met, and quality standards are adhered to.
- Support the Supplier Quality Engineer to develop and improve Quality performance within strategic suppliers
- Monitor supplier monthly OTD performance and agree improvement programmes where necessary
- Support the development and implementation of a global strategy plan for a key commodity that delivers against the core goals of the business
- Work closely with business stake holders to monitor component obsolescence and how this impacts customer deliveries
- Run sourcing events as part of the strategy such as e-bids and e-auctions
- Setup and support the creation of agreements within SAP with long terms pricing structures
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
Job TitleCommodity Manager
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursFlexible Monday to Friday