Our client based in fantastic open plan modern offices in Bournemouth is looking for an experienced Compliance & QA Technologist to maintain and manage their Food Quality systems and to maintain their BRC accreditation.
- Ensuring that all foods are authentic, safe, legal and produced to the specified quality
- To work within projects to ensure best practice applied to help deliver processes and standard operating procedures
- Support the quality team & internal stakeholders in implementing the standard and ensuring certification is maintained.
- Assess and highlight raw material and finished food risks during the development process
- Attend regular project meetings to present quality risk status and action plans
- Ensure all legal requirements are complied with all amended or new designs
- Work closely with suppliers on quality issues by attendance at conference calls, undertake Food Safety Audits, and support food development trials
- Work with the operations team to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop quality aspects of a finished product specification
- Ensuring that all finished product specification are up to date
- Ensure systems are in place to reflect future legislation and its impact on raw materials, finished product and packaging
- To work closely with the quality team to ensure food safety, legality, quality systems and ways of working are maintained.
- To work to deliver our sustainability goals to minimising waste, recycling and challenging unsustainable practices.
Skills and Experience
- A food related qualification together with specific QA food industry experience
- Knowledge of Food Quality systems or exposure to 3rd Party accreditation systems
- Passion for food, knowledge of food industry from ingredients, factories, and packaging
- Knowledge of internal auditing & HACCP
- Team Player as well as ability to self-manage time
- Organised & systematic with attention to detail
- Confident to travel abroad to visit / audit suppliers
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task diverse areas
- Basic knowledge of MS systems
- Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
- Hours: 5 hour per week
- Private Medical Insurance
This is a superb opportunity to join an well reputed business. If you are excited to work as part of a fun hard-working team then please do apply now!
Job TitleCompliance & QA Technologist
Salary£28,000 - £32,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Position TypeFull Time
Working Hours37.5 hours per week