A superb one off opportunity has arisen for an passionate Conference & Events Operations Manager to join an multi award winning conferencing, events and hospitality company based in Birmingham.
The role is to ensure the smooth delivery of each event and close client liaison. You will manage all the operational aspects for their conferencing, events and support the café/bar operations. You will lead on the client liaison for the events, mentor, train the Event Managers ensuring all standards and delivery in met. Management of staffing for all events, including rota for casual and agency staff, observing maximum economies whilst maintaining service standards. Duties also include administering all aspects of the event business, maximise profit margins in all areas of the events operations, and communicate the brand values of the organisation.
Requirements for the role:
- At least two years’ experience of working in a busy events department in the corporate sector
- At least two years’ experience in managing and mentoring a team
- A good track record in managing multiple tasks, working to deadlines and responding well under pressure
- Demonstrable achievements in successfully delivering events
- Demonstrable solid experience of staff management
- Experience of dealing with people effectively and diplomatically
- Experience of budgetary management and control
- Experience of database management and research
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel
- Excellent communicator with very strong negotiating skills – face to face, over the telephone, in written correspondence
- Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive information and work diplomatically with a wide diversity of people
- Professional attitude with a commitment to delivering the highest quality of work and engendering high standards from others
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and take initiative where appropriate
- Team worker able to organise and motivate others
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
This is an exciting chance for a Conference & Events Operations Manager to join an events and venues company who offer exceptional and unique services to their customers. If you are interested in this role with a fun, friendly team then please apply.
Job TitleConference & Events Operations Manager
Salary£33,000 - £35,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working Hours40 hours per week