- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Plan
- Flexible working
Are you an Electronics Engineer with exceptional technical electronic knowledge and able to be the lead to Design and Project Management on all things Electronic? Do you have a good understanding of voltage and voltage protocols and how they work in the Electrical Supply Industry?
Our international client, who provides complex metering and data acquisition solutions, has an exciting permanent opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join their Infrastructure Division where you will gain a wide understanding of how the electricity industry works for them and how their products fit into their customer requirements.
This is a varied role as you will be resolving problems ranging from simple to complex network issues, providing proactive product support to customers and providing internal training to Design and Field Engineers on products and solutions. These products may be hardware or software, in-house developed or from third party suppliers so a strong broad understanding of Electronics is required.
You will have excellent written and spoken English with the ability to build your own social connections and rapport with internal and external customers. This role is based from their Rochester offices and does offer flexible working. There will be occasional site or client visits so a UK driving license is essential.
System Knowledge and Technique Experience
- Ability to assist with turn concepts into repeatable working solutions
- Good understanding of electronic hardware and interfacing such as RS232, RS485 and microprocessors
- Good understanding of Network products and systems, such as configuring switches and VLANs
- Strong capabilities with PC applications (standard windows and manufacturer specific)
- Knowledge of the principals of Cyber Security – advantageous
- Knowledge of complex network solutions, Dynamic System Monitoring, Power Quality, Generator performance monitoring.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
- Liaising with clients at the pre-sales stage
- Fault finding on systems to determine hardware / configuration issues
- Creating and maintaining reference and training documents
- Assisting with configuring systems to ensure compliance to specification
- Conducting Factory Acceptance testing with customers present
If you are an Electronics Engineer, this is a superb and exciting opportunity to join a well reputed business with excellent benefits. Sound Exciting? I would love to hear from you.
Job TitleElectronics Engineer
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday