- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
Are you experienced in onsite Facilities Management within the engineering sector with a solid technical knowledge of rolling stock? Do you have exceptional communication and relationship building skills putting customer service at the forefront of everything?
We have an amazing opportunity as a Facilities Manager in supporting the business buildings and facilities maintenance and Health and safety standards at their depot in Manchester with occasional travel to their other sites.
Reporting to the Fleet Delivery Manager, you will be playing a key role in the maintenance for all depot equipment and buildings to enable the safe and cost-effective delivery set within pre-agreed budgets.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage all planned and reactive maintenance, overhaul and renewal and accurately recorded
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out at prescribed intervals and in accordance with legislative standards
- Investigate plant and infrastructure incidents and produce technical reports
- Ensure that any access equipment and relevant facilities are available
- Manage certification, calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure the depots operate in accordance with UK legislation, the local authority planning conditions, consents, and environmental obligations
- Maintain a cost forecast for all infrastructure maintenance, identifying any necessary equipment overhaul or obsolescence renewal needed and make proposals for whole life cost optimisation
- Responsible for managing suppliers on a daily basis and co-coordinate their activities
- Identify appropriate subcontractor tasks and manage their execution including participation in regular cross site reviews for major subcontractors
- Maintain good relationships with customers by ensuring consistent delivery of targets and issues are dealt with promptly
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- A solid technical knowledge of rolling stock and or facility technical issues
- High level knowledge of the relevant industry legislation
- An ONC Engineering Qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Working experience and knowledge of IT systems
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques, Health, Safety and environment legislation and procedures
If you are an experienced Facilities Manager and looking for a new challenge and to work with a reputed business that has great benefits and a competitive salary, then please get in touch!
Job TitleFacilities Manager
Salary£53,000 - £71,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week