- Free parking
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare and death in service
Are you experienced in all aspects of finance and accounts and looking for an immediate opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-growing business in the IT Security sector? Are you looking for a varied role where you will use your skills in Management accounting, P&L, credit control and many other aspects of accounting.
This 6- 12-month maternity cover will be working at a senior level based out of Aylesbury on a hybrid basis and ideally requires you to be part or fully qualified in ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar accounting qualifications.
As Finance Manager this key role in finance will provide the opportunity to oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as process mapping improvements to procedures and controls within the team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your duties will include:
- Supporting the CFO and FC in key group and finance priorities
- Leading and supporting 1-, 3- and 5-year business plans to support strategic planning across the business.
- Ensuring seamless OTD of the whole finance calendar and use this calendar to support the board reviews and agenda
- Ensuring group wide compliance with financial reporting timetables.
- Deep dive into P&L, cost monitoring
- Implementing integrated forecasts, reviews and analyses
- Ensuring forecasts and budget packs are produced in a consistent and comparable manor
- Proactive financial management of P&L and balance sheet
- Assisting Management Accountant with month end closing to ensure we are closing in 4/5 days, working on the Task list and pulling in tighter controls to ensure achieved deadlines.
- Working alongside IT & Service Manager to streamline DOA and workflows and publish to sharepoint to make accessible for all staff.
- Producing and reviewing fixed overhead reports providing feedback to functional heads
- Check bank accounts daily and post any receipts and raise any irregular payments
- Sales Ledger – Post cash payments, prepare and update credit chase file, attend to any customer queries, Prepare around overdue list, and run month end procedure.
- Credit Control – check credit chase file regularly, contact customer for due and overdue invoices, ensure credit file is updated regularly.
- Providing copy invoices and statements upon request.
- Monthly commission and bonus payments, once sales ledger is closed, prepare the commission file for all sales team, managers and those on a bonus scheme.
- Implementing new payroll system with Moorepay,
- Diligently checking Demo runs
- Providing and uploading all amendments to payroll per month and entering onto the Moorepay system
- Updating any leavers and starters within the month on Moorepay portal
- Implementing electronic filling for all PL and POP invoices,
- Providing commission structure to the commit list in the forecast
- Updating commission trackers that are sent to the sales team
Skills and qualifications required for the role:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience of preparing management accounts
- Passed Finalist, or Part Qualified Accountant – studying towards -ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Technical Skills – accounting rules and principles
- Advanced modelling, excel and PowerPoint skills
- ERP implementation (Sage/ Netsuite preferable)
- Good analytical/ verbal / telephone / written communication skills
- Process improvement mind-set: able to understand, review and recommend reporting and system improvements.
- Actively promotes teamwork across all functions
- Change management experience
- Good people skills in working with a team with mixed levels of experience
- Problem solving: Proactively identifies issues and works to identify and implement solutions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and sometimes fluid environment
- Attention to detail, accurate, precise
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
Able to work independently and build cross-functional collaboration and process
If you have excellent analytical and numerical abilities, good oral and written communication coupled with the ability to manage and work as part of a team with accuracy with an eye for detail this exciting new role is for you.
Job TitleFinance Manager
Salary£42,000 - £45,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm