- Free parking
- 21 days holiday which increases over time + bank holidays
Are you experienced in all aspects of finance and accounts and looking for a fresh challenge to progress your career as a Finance Manager?
Oyster Recruitment are working exclusively with a successful, friendly local business to source a Finance Manager due to growth of the team.
This key role in finance will provide the opportunity to oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as process mapping improvements to procedures and controls within the team.
Reporting to the Finance Director duties will include:
- Driving the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Preparing and posting of monthly accruals, prepayments, and similar accounting entries.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting numbers for review of Finance Director.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process of current systems including acting as the first point of contact for external audit queries.
- Identifying risks and challenges to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations where necessary.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Leading and mentoring the finance team to improve performance.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modelling for senior company leadership
- Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
Skills and qualifications required for the role:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Strong excel skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- The ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team working at all levels
If you have excellent analytical and numerical abilities, good oral and written communication coupled with the ability to manage and work as part of a team with accuracy with an eye for detail this exciting new role is for you.
Job TitleFinance Manager – Filled
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday 9 - 5pm, 30 minutes for lunch = 37.5 hours a week