Our client, a leading electrical design manufacturing company in Poole, is seeking a talented and dynamic individual to join their team as the Head of Engineering. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced engineering leader to drive the strategic direction of the team and contribute to the success of the organisation.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of engineering operations, from developing and executing engineering strategies to managing projects and lead a team of highly skilled engineers and project managers to deliver projects that are on time and budget.
The ideal candidate will need to be highly organised and possess strong technical expertise, exceptional leadership skills, and a proven track record of successfully driving engineering initiatives.
- Manage and prioritise objectives, assignments, and targets within Engineering & Projects, providing guidance and direction.
- Ensure timely and high-quality outputs from the project management team, aligning workload with business strategy.
- Enhance product design capabilities and align with Company strategy.
- Act as the main technical liaison for customers and suppliers on product opportunities and technical issues.
- Lead the Company’s understanding of engineering and design standards.
- Foster collaboration between engineering and cross-functional teams, including the parent company and global R&D.
- Manage budgets, propose development plans, and review engineering processes for improved design and manufacturability.
- Drive implementation of Lean-CI and VA/VE tools for operational productivity.
- Develop a high-performing team, deliver value to customers, and align training and recruitment with strategic needs.
- Stay updated on relevant technologies and drive investment recommendations.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of engineering standards and requirements.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with design focus.
- Extensive experience in engineering and management, preferably with production/industrialisation management.
- Strong leadership skills, adept at motivating and developing teams.
- Project management experience with knowledge of structured methodologies.
- Analytical problem solver for diverse challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across business functions and levels.
- Successful track record of representing the company technically with customers and third parties.
- Knowledgeable in machining, fabrication, and assembly capital equipment technologies.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Advantageous to have experience in Drives and Controls.
- Familiarity with LEAN-CI tools and techniques (e.g., Design for Six Sigma, Kaizen, VSM, SMED) in manufacturing engineering context is a plus.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced engineering leader looking for an exciting opportunity to shape the engineering operations and for a company with excellent progression opportunities and benefits, please apply now.
Job TitleHead of Engineering
Salary£75,000 - £95,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday