- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, matching contributions up to10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus; 10-20%
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs;
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Advisor looking for an opportunity to further your career with a successful Global organization who is a market leader in Transport/Engineering/Construction and is one of the top companies to work for in the UK?
You will act as an expert Health and Safety Adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence.
You will work as part of a great team in Health & Safety and be based in Birmingham/ Home and additionally, there will be a requirement to support a London based project so travel to London twice a week would be required with business travel expenses fully reimbursed.
You will be responsible for:
- Support and facilitate effective and proportionate management within business unit, and geographical region.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and assistance to enable delivery of risk management as part of business as usual. Collate information to monitor delivery against agreed metrics.
- Integrate fully with management team and work to support local and regional needs and objectives.
- Develop positive and proactive business relationships within business unit, across the Team, and with other partners as required.
- Develop subject matter expertise in identified areas and provide specialist advice and support on these matters as required.
- Oversee the activities of Advisers in the region. Support and facilitate collaborative working.
- Champion, advise and support risk management. Develop subject matter expertise in relevant areas.
- Support and facilitate delivery of the Improvement Programme across the business
- Relevant professional qualifications, minimum Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability or quality management
- Qualification in second discipline
- Qualification in Internal Audit
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures.
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environment processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Experience of using a range of tools and techniques to drive continual improvement.
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- Experience of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
The compensation package is excellent as the business believes that each individual has different needs and wants. They are building a diverse workforce that is crucial to the success of the business.
This is an exceptional opportunity is a one off to join a successful and diverse international business with outstanding growth opportunities.
Job TitleHealth & Safety Advisor – Filled
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday