- 26 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working pattern
- Private Medical Benefit
Are you an innovative Engineer with either a PhD in Electronics or Master Degree with 2-3 years’ experience in Power Electronics Systems? Are you inquisitive, inventive and have the desire to work and create new products on the horizon now for R&D, Build, implement and take to manufacture in the next 5 years?
Are you looking to join a world-leading company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology?
As an innovation Engineer for Power Electronics our client is looking for a passionate Electronics Graduate to play a crucial role in developing the latest range of power electronics, digital technologies, and functionality features for integration into future products.
This role is hybrid working with a base in South Wales which will offer state of art lab facilities and support in a small and growing hub.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing innovative power electronic technologies for drive trains and infrastructures, such as charging applications and DC grids
- Conducting multi-domain simulation of power electronic systems/components, including control and system integration
- Leading initiatives in power electronics, software-defined functionality, AI/machine learning, big data analytics, and next-gen control platforms
- Identifying cutting-edge topics, potential partners, and funding opportunities through academic landscape screening
- Collaborating on co-creation projects with universities, research organisations, suppliers, customers, and start-ups within the innovation hub ecosystem
- Defining and communicating project technical vision, customer value, and status to stakeholders
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Master’s degree or doctorate in electrical engineering or a related field is essential
- Experience in power electronic systems, focusing on system topologies (AC/DC and DC/DC), multi domain simulation, and control
- Previous experience in hardware and software development is helpful
- Curiosity, continuous learning, diverse thinking, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Dedication, independence, reliability, and strong communication skills
- Capability to challenge the status quo and effectively sell ideas to others
Sound exciting then please apply now!
Job TitleInnovation Engineer – Power Electronics Systems
Salary£26,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday