- 26 Days holiday
- Company Pension
- Flexible working pattern
An awesome opportunity has arisen for a Lead Installation and Commissioning (I&C) Engineer for our client in Ashby. You will be working across multiple sites, and as the Lead I&C Engineer you will represent the Construction Team within a project and lead the telecoms construction team activities.
- You will be ensuring delivery to program and budget and ensuring health and safety is managed throughout. Working within the project team to ensure the timely delivery of installations works completed to the required standards and company processes.
- You will lead teams on site-based activities, ensuring that works are implemented as per plan and reported on in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Lead I&C has a responsibility for ensuring all works on site are carried out safely and that all team members comply with the requirements of the project, adhering to site rules detailed in the QEHS documentation, inductions & briefings.
- Ensure the timely briefing of installation methodologies, Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheet and associated generic methodologies.
- Ensure site construction documentation is present, adequately covers the works being undertaken and is current.
- Promote a right first-time approach to all works.
- Supply detailed progress reports to the Site Manager along with the timely reporting of any incidents in line with company and project processes.
- Monitor and ensure a good appreciation of material requirement against project program.
- Ensure no deviations from designs are implemented prior to approval from the correct authority utilising the RFI process.
Qualifications and experience required for this role
- Extensive knowledge of all Telecoms Construction & Test works including Transmission, copper & fibre
- Must hold a current Safe Work Leader / COSS qualification.
- Suitable technical operation telecoms skills
- Good leadership, motivational, and inter-personal skills
- Good understanding of task, time, and people management
- Full driving license- a van is provided and there is a far amount of travel involved.
If you have a background in Rail and or telecoms and project management… I would love to hear from you.
Job TitleLead Installation and Commissioning Engineer
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday