- Salary sacrifice pension
- Bupa health cash plan to opt in or opt out
- 2 X death in service
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
Are you an experienced transport coordinator who can manage a busy and demanding schedule to ensure that all deliveries reach the right destination in a timely manner? Can you deliver the highest standards of service in the most efficient way to maintain customer service and logistics across extensive transportation coordination in the UK and Europe?
This superb role is working with an award-winning business and will offer initially home office/base in Southampton and this will be reviewed on the needs of the business as we emerge out of lockdown.
As the logistics coordinator you need to be able to plan, organise and manage the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the requirements of the business and customers for both the UK depots, one in the South of the UK and one in the North. You will schedule deliveries and backloads for flatbed vehicles from both UK depots and maximise collections and backload opportunities with outsourced transport partners.
As the transport coordinator you will have experience in transport and supplier costs within budget and be able to assist with European supplier collections and depot transfers to and from the UK as well as export shipments to Ireland and occasional worldwide, administration of commercial paperwork.
- Excellent understanding of UK transport legislation & specialised transport providers
- Transport/Logistics experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a good telephone manner and with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good IT skills, including MS Office Excel and MS Word. Experience using SAP would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Excellent all-round team player
The company are exceptional and offer an award-winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at it’s core. The business boldly challenges what is possible for a sustainable world and have a passion for serving customers whilst caring about the environment.
If you share the values of the company and you are an expert in Logistics, Transport and scheduling across both the UK and Europe then do call or apply for this exceptional opportunity.
Job TitleLogistics and Transport Coordinator – Closed
Salary£25,000 - £29,500
Position TypeFull Time
Working Hours37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8.30am – 5pm