Are you an experienced Meetings & Events Manager with extensive knowledge in working in large properties, complex operations hotels with a large volume of conferencing? Are you skilled at conversion and diary management for a multimillion-pound operation? We’re looking for a passionate individual who will lead, develop and mentor a team of 5 in order to create a sales culture within the office which will support the conversion of profitable MICE business, whilst at the same time delivering a customer service experience that both meets and exceeds expectations.
A fantastic one-off opportunity has arisen to join a passionate department working for a beautiful and successful hotel, conference and training centre set within stunning acres of land.
The development of the meetings, conference, wedding and events business has been central to the growth and you’ll be responsible for the commerciality to maximise sales and yield whilst continuing to develop a sales focused culture within the Meetings & Event team.
As Meeting and Event manager you will support their mission to be recognised as an outstanding sales operation and delivering long term success to the well reputed and recognised venue.
You will manage the Meeting & Events diary to ensure occupancy, revenue and profitability is maximised at all times, and the right balance of business is managed across the extensive venue.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Have a proven record of sales achievement and the ability to influence change with both clients and team members
- Have the ability to identify shifts in booking/conversion trends and actions to address
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner with the ability to build good business relationships at all levels including senior decision makers
- Proven track record in developing team business plans and standard operating procedures
- Extensive experience in using property management systems and can quickly adapt and learn new systems plus excellent IT skills
- Confident, able to motive both themselves and a team
- Ability to set own targets and steps to achieve an objective
- Ability to work under pressure whilst supporting a team
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
This is an exciting chance for a Meetings & Events Manager to join a renowned establishment who offer exceptional services to their customers. If you are interested in this role with a superb company with great benefits, then please apply.
Job TitleMeetings & Events Manager
Salary£42,000 plus bonus
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday