We have an exciting opportunity for a planning and estimating engineer to join a precision engineering company with over 50 years in the industry. You will be estimating tooling, materials, and labour for the manufacture of aerospace machined components and associated assemblies.
To be successful you will need to be able to run multiple projects simultaneously and be an experienced mechanical engineer with an indentured apprenticeship, (or the equivalent skills and experience.).
- At least 5 years previous estimating experience within an engineering and fabrication environment- ideally aerospace.
- An Estimator within a multi discipline manufacturing environment specialising in high precision components.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes, raw material specifications and costing methodologies.
- Exceptional commercial awareness.
- Receive multiple packs of engineering drawings and estimate labour cost for high precision components using CNC turning, CNC milling (including 5 axis), grinding, fabrications, welding (including TIG, MIG, and ARC), brazing.
- Ability to source/quote for all types of plating and paint finish and create bill of materials where required.
- To identify opportunities for increased cost effectiveness.
- Plan, organise and accurately monitor workload to meet strict deadlines.
You will be joining a well-established team within an engineering company that pride themselves on their quality and their excellent name throughout the industry.
If this sounds like a new challenge for you, I would love to discuss further.
Job TitlePlanning and Estimating engineer
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMon to Fri