We have an awesome opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join a prestigious global company. They offer training, progression, and excellent benefits. As a Principle engineer you will be required to support the team, offer mentorship, training and be able to assist the business in growing their knowledge base and cross functionality of the team. This is a hybrid position requiring travel across the UK. The client base is in Newcastle and due to the nature of the role you would ideally be office based 2 days a week.
You will need to have:
- Current UKBP/TP141 Settings Authorisation – Essential
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering plus significant experience in the Electricity Supply Industry with experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficient with current UKBP/TP107 process and associated Technical Procedures
- Experience working with settings on Siprotec 4 & 5 relays is desirable
Ideally with at least 10 years’ experience within the electrical industry, you will be leading Settings production for all Protection and Automation settings work, always focusing on ensuring quality and continuous improvement.
- Deliver compliant protection & control settings in line with latest policies and procedures applied on the UK Transmission & Distribution network.
- Responsible for managing any outsourced settings ensuring quality meets company and customer standards.
- Be constant customer point of contact with excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Developing and managing all settings templates
- Variance management and improvement
- Sign off Technical Documentation
- Tendering support as required
- Support direct delivery of work packages
- They offer flexible, hybrid working
- Bonus structure
- Excellent pension
- 26 days holiday
- Flexible benefits package
We would love to hear from you.
Job TitlePrincipal Engineer
Position TypeFull Time