- 26 days holiday
- 10% company bonus
- Profit share
- Contribution pension
Are you a part qualified Project accountant looking for a superb opportunity to join a company ranked as one of the best places to work in the UK?
Can you take responsibility for the delivery of effective project accounting and commercial support to the project team? Joining a team of 3 you will work closely with the Project & Commercial Managers to strengthen the Finance team, by looking at cost controls and forecast accuracy to improve forecasts on a monthly basis for valuable long term projects.
You must have excellent accounting skills and experience working on a large infrastructure project with ability to demonstrate understanding and interpretation of key financial statements, along with superb analytical, communication and problem solving skills. It is essential that you have experience using SAP (Spiridon or similar) and are an advanced user of Excel.
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget, CBS and baseline Project delivery Report (PDR) and full set up in the SAP system.
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets.
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk, and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM. Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g. Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required.
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, understood and approved, where necessary.
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis. Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary.
- Review and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials and major subcontractors.
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position.
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary.
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates, and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary.
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval, and payment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the project and CBS within the SAP Project Ledger.
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long-term contract accounting policy.
If you are a self driven, organised Project Accountant looking for an exceptional opportunity with the possibility of progression to work for a Global innovative organisation please do apply.
Job TitleProject Accountant – York – Live
Salary£37,000 - £54,000
Position TypeFull Time