- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Healthcare plan
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Working
Are you a qualified or part qualified Project Accountant looking for a new opportunity? Do you have a high level of financial understanding of core contract terms and conditions?
Our client, a leading manufacturing company has an incredible permanent opportunity to join their finance team in Birmingham where you will be working to delivery and manage multiple projects within their rail infrastructure division.
You will need to have strong communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence others, exceptional organisational skills along with excellent IT skills including Word and advanced Excel.
This role is a flexible hybrid position, working week with 2/3 days in the office and the rest from home.
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, including the baseline value and budget, CBS and baseline Project delivery Report and full set up in the SAP system.
- Review and analyse of project actuals and forecast spend to support project and package managers in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
- Analyse of new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, including approvals for submitting contract variations and including unagreed variations in forecast final value.
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary and prepare project reporting to the client where required
- Ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with
- Provide project reports and forecasts ensuring they are submitted on time, accurate and approved
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required on variance analysis
- Review and amend project accruals ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position and provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximise the cash position, chasing payments with supplier where necessary
- Dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones
If you are looking for a long-term career with an awesome, global company with an excellent reputation and development opportunities, then please apply now!
Salary is depending on experience. In order to attain the highest salary bracket for this role, you will need to have/demonstrate all the skills and experience mentioned above in order to achieve the highest rate of pay.
Job TitleProject Accountant
Salary£43,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday - Friday (hybrid)