Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking to work for a global organisation who puts it people at the heart of the business and is ranked as one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a rail infrastructure business and our client is happy to consider applications from the Ashby, Croydon, York, Glasgow, Derby or Birmingham areas. The role is a hybrid ‘working from home’ with onsite visits to the nearest office.
You will be responsible for providing a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service to this new and developing team supporting the telecoms business nationally to include exciting projects such as station management and station fit outs, CCTV, passenger information, announcements, SCADA – alarms and other communications systems.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Substantial Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment. Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, defence, construction, IT etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills with ability to manage expectations
- Ability to manage commercial strategies
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative with limited supervision and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good contractual knowledge and experience
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Strong computing skills in MS word, excel, project and MS Outlook
Please do apply for an initial chat about this excellent role.
Job TitleQuantity Surveyor – LIVE
Salary£35,000 - £55,000
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday To Friday