- Extensive benefits/ studying support
Are you a part qualified experienced accountant with 2-3 years’ experience in a Business Partnering style Accountant role? Would a superb new role appeal in 2023 for a Global Business who are in the top 30 listed companies to work for in the UK?
This exceptional opportunity hybrid working with 2/3 days in the Chippenham area you will work for a dynamic and forward-looking business and a department that is at the very heart of the success of the organization.
You will join a small, friendly team of Finance professionals embedded within the business’ R&D Department. This role is ideally suited to someone who is part way through their accounting qualifications and looking for a team that will support them through their studies while offering great career development opportunities.
The business is investing in Finance digitalisation and using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAP Analytics, Power Automate, UI Path, and Alteryx. You will have opportunities to participate and help deliver these initiatives, which add variety to the role and help build your skills as a finance professional of the future.
You must be studying currently for either ACCA or CIMA and have advanced excel including pivot tables and v lookups. Use of SAP would also be an advantage.
- Provide Finance support across a portfolio of R&D Projects, including:
- Take responsibility for the financial control and reporting for a portfolio of R&D projects
- Lead project Finance meetings with Project Managers to review and challenge forecasts
- Attendance at monthly project review meetings
Provide Finance support for portfolio of cost centres, including:
- Manage monthly cost centre & headcount forecasts across a portfolio of cost centres
- Provide management information and support for cost centre managers
- Prepare annual budgets for cost centres including headcount and recoveries
Other tasks, including:
- Support continuous improvement activities within the team and in the wider R&D & Finance
- Provide cover for R&D Finance Lead and wider team
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA) or someone who just started their qualification
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, lookup functions, data analysis)
- Experience of using SAP or similar ERP software
- Able to successfully communicate with non-Finance staff to explain finance topics
- Able to work to tight timescales and to use own initiative
- Motivated continuous improvement mindset and looking to contribute to wider R&D and Finance initiatives
Job TitleR&D Accountant
Position TypeFull Time
Working HoursMonday to Friday