A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Events Manager to join an multi award winning conferencing, events and hospitality company based in Birmingham.
You will be the lead of the delivery of the technical services and be proficient in many technical AV elements such lighting, graphics and sound. The role will support and advise on technical elements of the sales and planning aspects of all events and up-selling technical services to event organisers to drive profitability.
- Train and support technical Casual Technicians, Event Managers and Apprentices in technical sets ups and deliveries
- To be a direct point of contact for event clients for any technically aspect or any event
- To research and develop new technologies and procedures for a more efficient and current delivery of events
- To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors
- To provide efficient and effective supervision of all technical operations
- To supervise and ensure the safe and efficient set up and running of events
- To ensure the safety, comfort and wellbeing of customers and staff at all times
- To maintain standards of quality in all areas of work
- To ensure excellent communication between departments and teams
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Have led a lighting, sound, or AV team either as HoD or deputy within a unique events venue, theatre, TV or Conferencing producing or Hire Company
- Have a good understanding of Hybrid and Virtual conferencing equipment and platforms
- Have experience of developing and managing live events
- Have experience of managing external contractors and clients
- Have experience of managing budgets and resources
- Have experience of developing departmental strategies and policies
- Have up to date health and safety experience as it relates to live events
- The ability to fault-find damaged stock, identify and execute solutions for equipment used within the department
- Competent in use of various types of access equipment including practical knowledge and application of manual handling and lifting techniques
- Competent in installation and operation of stage, lighting & sound equipment
- Experience of team leading, budgeting and scheduling
- Experience in a customer focused environment
- An interest and knowledge of the theatre is desirable
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation
This is an exciting chance to join an events and venues company who offer exceptional and unique services to their customers. If you are interested in this role with a fun, friendly team then please apply.
Job TitleTechnical Events Manager
Position TypeFull Time