Are you a successful Commercial Manager with a strong financial accounting background looking to work for a global organization who puts it people at the heart of the business and is ranked as one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK!?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified to ACCA or CIMA Accountant, Finance Manager, Project Accountant or existing Commercial Manager to join the business who work on a wide range of infrastructure projects and rail improvements. The role offers flexible working and will need to be in the office in the Gatwick area 2/3 days a week.
As a Commercial Manager you will be responsible for vast multi-million pound maintenance contracts as part of a large infrastructure project sponsored by the government and will work in a motivated and driven commercial team. You will work in partnership with the project management team and other stakeholders to ensure effective contract management and financial performance.
What are my responsibilities?
- Contract management and analysis; drive fulfilment of requirements whilst ensuring the best operational / commercial outcomes for the project and Siemens; negotiation of any arising contract Disputes with Customer.
- Preparation and calculation of outgoing Variation Proposals, analysis of incoming Variation Proposals, negotiating with Customer.
- Correspondence management with Customer and Suppliers in accordance with documented contractual processes.
- Identification and preparation of Additional Services and Claims and negotiating settlements with Customer / Suppliers.
- Risk & Opportunity management; drive ownership among project management team for mitigation of risks and realisation of opportunities.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date Percentage of Completion models for multiple large and complex projects.
- Oversee finance processes (forecast, budget, month-end closing); ensure Financial Statements comply with guidelines and local GAAP.
- Provision of accurate and timely management information to project management, Finance function and local and divisional HQs.
- Work closely with project managers and operational colleagues to support process and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Drive innovation / digitisation initiatives within the commercial function and the project.
What experience and qualification do I need to apply?
- Prior experience in a commercial role
- Experience working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Part or Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent preferable.
- Technically proficient in contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience of working in SAP (Spiridon or similar).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This is a scarce opportunity to join a Global leader and work for an employer of choice based in Yorkshire. Please do apply for an initial conversation about the role.
Commercial Manager - Finance- live
Monday to Friday
25 days holiday - option to buy and sell
pension contribution up to 10%
death in service insurance
car or car allowance
flexible working option