Are you a successful strategic Fleet Manager looking to work for a global organization who puts it people at the heart of the business and is ranked as one of the top 30 companies to work for in the UK?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a FORS practitioner who is a qualified CPC Transport Manager to join the business to manage a large fleet of vans and company vehicles. The role is a Hybrid and will be based from home with 1 to 2 days a week in the nearest company office in the UK.
As the Fleet Manager you will provide a dedicated and complete fleet management service and be the business expert within a team of operational and support managers to maintain a growing, cost efficient, future oriented, fit-for-purpose fleet of service operatives’ vehicles. This currently consists of approximately 140 vans and 120 cars used by maintenance and installation operatives throughout the UK.
You will need to have previous experience of managing a large UK Fleet strategically and to FORS compliance standards and ideally have a proven track record of the development of Fleet strategy. A knowledge of the EV market and vehicle options is an advantage as this Global business has clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy
What are my responsibilities?
- Contribute to shaping the strategy for the commercial and car fleets
- Advise on and drive transition from ICE – hybrid – BEV, new fuel card solutions, charging solutions for hybrid / BEV
- Work with supply chain management to select and manage relationships and delivery from specialist suppliers
- Track costs and SLAs to maintain best value and total cost of ownership efficiency.
- Provide technical expertise on vehicle capability and suitability, ensuring each vehicle type is Fit for Purpose for range of operations.
- Provide current and future market knowledge and analysis to inform company decision making.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all compliance and regulatory standards pertaining to the fleet. FORS Practitioner.
- Propose, establish and monitor key performance indicators and provide timely reporting on vehicle availability, utilisation, total cost of ownership etc. Develop exception reporting and automatic intervention mechanisms to drive all aspects of fleet performance.
- Advise on areas of risk to the fleet operation and introduce / maintain measures to manage.
- Support and liaise with local administrators to ensure fleet administration (hiring of vehicles, booking services and MOTs, renewing fuel cards etc.) is efficient and effective
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Previous Experience of managing a fleet and drivers
- Transport Manager CPC
- Previous experience of managing FORS compliance
- Previous Experience of development of Fleet Strategy – Desirable
- Knowledge of EV market and vehicle options – Desirable
- Customer Focused and solutions driven, Strong Communicator, Ability to work through multiple issues quickly and bring to satisfactory resolution
This is a superb opportunity to join a Global leader and innovator in working with its Fleet to provide a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy
Please do apply for an initial conversation about the role.
Fleet Manager - Live
Home based in the UK
Monday to Friday
26 days holiday increasing with service
Excellent company pension scheme
Flexible working policy