Are you looking for an opportunity to use your leadership ability whilst remaining hands on in a service engineering field? Have you the experience to lead your team of service engineers offering clear communication performance feedback, and effective practices?
Do you want to work for a family feel business that is also part of larger global ownership offering superb career opportunities? Have you been an engineer in your career previously so you know and understand the challenges and technical knowledge required to be successful as an engineer?
Oyster recruitment are partnering with this provider of air conditioning/HVAC and refrigeration specialists and thanks to exceptional growth within the business and the winning of new contracts this role requires a Service Manager superstar.
This position is a very high profile role for the business and in some cases it may well be the first technical experience the customer will receive. Therefore, you need to be able offer exceptional customer service acting as an ambassador for the company maintaining high levels of credibility and integrity.
The role includes:
- Oversee a team of Service Technicians through regular communication on performance, feedback, effective Health & Safety and environmental practices.
- Coach and support the team and to oversee technical or customer-related problems where necessary in order to reduce customer plant downtime and enhance the customer relationship.
- Attend management and customer meetings as and when required.
- Coordinate and chair quarterly team meetings for Service Technicians within your region to address performance issues and / or to keep open communication channels
- Identify and implement a training programme for your team in partnership with the Service Director to fill skills gaps
- Provide advanced trouble shooting and fault resolution support for your team of Technicians that promotes development.
- Complete quarterly vehicle stock checks in coordination with the Parts Direct Team updating systems where necessary
- Identify possible areas where service procedures on plant and associated equipment might be improved.
- Ensure monthly operational KPI’s are completed to agreed targets and to implement improvement programmes where necessary for regional under performance.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial chillers and air conditioning equipment.
- Proven track record of trouble shooting and problem solving ability
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience within a chiller/refrigeration service environment
- Full understanding of products and Business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including good telephone manner, and with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Appearance and manner, to be a good Company ambassador.
- Capable of suggesting benefits to overcome objections and understanding customer needs.
- Previous man management experience preferred
- Ability to hold staff reviews and to define goals and objectives for your team
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise tasks effectively whilst adhering to SLA’s
- Excellent team player
The company are exceptional and offer an award-winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at is core. The business boldly challenges what is possible for a sustainable world and have a passion for serving customers whilst caring about the environment.
Please do apply for we would be delighted to have an initial conversation about the role.
Regional Service Manager - Midlands- Live
Monday to Friday
car or car allowance
25 days holiday
death in service insurance
Company pension up to 6%
Bupa health cash plan