Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager who has a positive attitude and professional hands on approach with strong planning organizational and man management skills? Do you have experience in a fast-paced environment supporting the supply chain functions globally?
As Supply Chain Manager you will be confident, with exceptional attention to detail and have a wide range of responsibilities from an understanding of shipping manifests, international freight and supply chain to load plans, storage, handling, movement and distribution to ensure the delivery of goods on time and in full.
You will manage a small warehouse team of 2 and be based in the office in Poole for a successful family run business with a global reach.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments to deliver the right products effectively, efficiently and economically
- Organize and coordinate supply chain fulfilment for finished goods (and components, where required)
- Overseeing product shipping, documentation, storage, handling, movement and distribution
- Producing supply chain forecasts in line with the purchasing plan
- Improving the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Proactively manage, maintain and develop relationships with new and existing service providers with the aim to reduce costs/lead times by monitoring, reporting and improving quality/service levels ensuring compliance in terms of finance, quality and ethical guidelines
- Responsibility for all invoices and pack lists – all shipping types (e.g. DDP, FOB, DAP, EXW etc)
- Monitor and own Courier sample tracking sheet to ensure authorized use only
- Maintain and update (as required) accurate Packaging Master
Logistics and Warehouse
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Overseeing usage of warehouse capacity to ensure efficiency
- With Head of Operations review, develop and implement department budgets, ensuring that spends are within company guidelines and maximums are not exceeded
- Forecast with Directors and Head of Operations levels of demand for products and services to ensure that stock is procured effectively and meets the business needs
- Provide regular, structured reports and statistics using computer software to enable operational and strategic delivery and planning
- With Head of Operations conduct research and meetings to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Deliver a competent Supply Chain strategy that is lean, appropriate and aligned to the overall business objectives
- Review, develop and implement (where possible automate) supply chain policies, processes and procedures.
The ideal Supply Chain Manager will be enthusiastic, committed and comfortable with a changing environment and have advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s, experience using Sage would be an advantage.
If you are enthused by what you hear and are looking for career progression to work as part of a friendly fun team then please apply now!
Supply Chain Manager - Live
£25,000 - £30,000
Monday - Friday 9am – 5.30pm = 40 hour week